Catrice has a bunch of new shades in its main nail polish line, and today I want to share with you one of the new Brushed Metal Effect finish in 900 Steel My Heart.


This is an unusual matte finish, I don't own many mattes, so I don't have anything like this in my stash. It has shimmer, so is not chalky looking, but is not either as the other suede polishes I own. I guess Brushed metal really suits the finish.
Steel My Heart is a hard shade to describe. The base is redder than the current steel grey, in some lightings it looks almost brownish grey. So I'll set for: cool brown-ish grey with tones of silver, turquoise and coppery red shimmer.
The application was perfect! Smooth, opaque in two thin coats. I very rarely have issues with this brand, and I like the wide brush too.


I think the shade is pretty unique and it gives a quite edgy look. This colour rings a bell in my head, but I can't remember what it was or where I've seen it. So if you recall which is a possible dupe, please leave a note in my comments. I can say for sure that whatever was that colour there is no way to beat this because it costs less than 4 USD per bottle. So, in my opinion, if you collection nail polish and like unusual shades, don't walk, RUN. This is a must have.

Let me know your thoughts about it!
Love,
Nati
Enhanced by Zemanta