We have been having a rather hot summer in Switzerland, with a little rain here and there, but plenty of sun too. Have you been properly protecting your skin? I mostly avoid direct sun exposure because my skin is very delicate, but when I have no choice but to be under the sun, I always make sure to be using the right protection, this year Coola Organic suncare has been my favourite go to sunscreen. Want to know more?
Before the summer began I had the chance to test several Coola Suncare products and I was pleasantly surprised! I have very delicate skin. I'm not the fairest gal in the world, however, I have developed an intolerance to sun rays, some kind of sun allergy I guess, so I have to limit my exposure time to the minimum and always, ALWAYS, wear sunscreen.

What I like the most about these products is that they are formulated with 70-97% certified organic ingredients, paraben-free and are also vegan, cruelty free and reef friendly. 

I have tried three wonderful products and I was enchanted with the results

Classic Body SPF30 Unscented


This is an extra hydrating, sheer SPF 30 organic sunscreen and a broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection. It is super light on the skin, it does not feel greasy or sticky and it is packed with organic ingredients beneficial to the skin as Rose Hips, Shea Butter, Orange Fruit Water, Cucumber Fruit Extract and Evening Primerose. It also has Vitamine C as antioxidant which is great against premature skin aging. I find it refreshing, lightweight, but what I like the most about it is that it really replaces a moisturizer! The active ingredients are Avobenzone (2%) Octinoxate 2.1% which are chemical and not a mineral sunscreens. This means it will not leave a white cast on your skin. This is also water resistant up to 60 minutes. It is hands down my absolute favourite of the bunch.


Contains 148 ml and retails for 39,00 CHF. Available on Coola website


Classic Sport SPF30 Spray Citrus Mimosa


Spray sunscreen is so practical! This is super ultra light on the skin, totally clear, with a refreshing citric flowery scent that I find super yummy. I'm not a big fan of Spray sunscreen because I am always afraid of missing a spot, but this spray has a continuous thick mist, that ensures even coverage. This spray is SPF 30 with UVA / UVB protection and water resistant up to 40 min. It claims to be also hydrating but on my skin it did not feel as moisturising as the Classic lotion above, but I do have very dry skin, so maybe this is more adapted for people with oilier skin.
The active ingredients are Avobenzone 2.0%, Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 4.0%, Octocrylene  7.0%
Thumbs up to the scent! Sometimes sun protectors can smell quite unpleasantly, so this scent is much appreciated. Another great advantage of spray sunscreen is that re-application is super easy, specially in sandy beaches, where applying lotions and creams can become complicated.

Contains 180 ml and retails for 39,00 CHF. Available on Coola website
 

Classic Sport SPF15 Spray Unscented

Contains 180 ml and retails for 39,00 CHF. Available on Coola website
This product is my least favourite of the three, in fact I never wear sun protection under SPF 30 on my body. As I mentioned at the beginning of the post my delicate skin requires a high protection. On the contrary, my hubby was super happy with this one, and went through the whole tube! He loved the fact it was unscented because he thought the citrus Mimosa spray was "too girly" haha, (that is not true! is a completely neutral scent!) Also he never wears protection higher that SPF 15 because he thinks "he doesn't tan" with higher protections. Oh, heck! why do a waste my time explaining things to him, hahaha.
The active ingredients here are Avobenzone 2.0%, Octinoxate 4.0%, Octocrylene  6.0%. 
Thumbs up for making husbands also happy ;)


My favourite of the bunch is the Classic body lotion SPF 30, but in the whole I'm very satisfied with Coola sunscreens, they seem to have an option for everyone, and I definitely have to try the baby/children range for my boy. Coola products are available in Switzerland on a selection of Manor-Sanovit point of sales (Lugano, Ascona, Geneve, Lausanne, Bienne and Chur) with more to come later, and also online at www.coolasuncare.ch
What is your go to sunscreen this summer? Do you care for Organic and cruelty free products? Let me know your thoughts in the comments!

Love,
Nati